Commercial Bank Chooses HubSpot, Integrates with Encompass to Empower Loan Officers
INTRODUCTION Forward-thinking financial services company improves loan processes with HubSpot and Encompass.
Instrumental Group started working with Quaint Oak Bank in early 2023 when we helped them adopt HubSpot's Sales and Marketing Hub. During the onboarding process, they required support to launch into multiple business units, retain vital data, and work effectively while launching multiple new websites.
One of the critical aspects of this process was to ensure that data was managed and retained to support loan processes. The solution was to integrate with Encompass, a cloud-based loan origination software. This integration enabled loan officers to leverage HubSpot Sales tools and analytics to streamline loan processing fully.
The ultimate goal was to find an option that met their needs and overcame their challenges effectively.
CHALLENGE Outreach to borrowers limited by disconnected data.
While marketing and business development teams, including loan officers, had already begun adopting HubSpot, they were still missing an efficient way to do outreach that kept key data in mind such as scenarios including the current loan status and multiple borrowers. Not only did they need to determine how to integrate the data from Encompass to HubSpot and vice versa, but they also needed to ensure they were properly tracking the data to serve a more digital outreach strategy for loan officers.
SOLUTION An integrated solution for loan officers.
While marketing and business development teams, including loan officers, had already begun adopting HubSpot, they still needed an efficient way to do outreach that kept critical data in mind, such as scenarios including the current loan status and multiple borrowers. Not only did they need to determine how to integrate the data from Encompass to HubSpot and vice versa, but they also needed to ensure they were adequately tracking the data to serve a more digital outreach strategy for loan officers.
At Instrumental Group, we have a dedicated team of HubSpot Success Managers who are HubSpot Certified Trainers, ensuring they have a well-rounded and complete understanding of the entire HubSpot Suite. We introduced Quaint Oak Bank's project leads, who collaborated with us to configure:
- Step 1: Sales and Marketing Hub Configuration: Our team helped configure global settings that overlap between Hubs, ensuring the team had everything they needed to deploy their initial campaigns. We built out marketing and sales assets aligning with the brand. Beyond that, we helped configure Business Units to support their multiple locations.
- Step 2: HubSpot Software Training: We facilitated a series of training calls covering Marketing and Sales Hub features, as well as sessions tailored to supporting Business Unit management. The training series fulfilled HubSpot's requirements to allow for waiving their onboarding consulting fees.
Encompass <> HubSpot Integration
Quaint Oak Bank leverages Encompass for its Loan Origination System (LOS). They knew integrating data to support their Loan Officers would be a critical step in their ability to realize value and usability in the CRM. The ability to drive critical loan detail from their LOS into their deal records was the primary mission.
We collaborated with our API integration partners at Integrate IQ and the Quaint Oak marketing team to identify sync requirements to empower loan officers would involve upwards of 50 fields across the contact and deal objects.
- Step 1: Loan Process Mapping. As we kicked off the integration, we had to fully understand and map the flow of the loan application process, accounting for multiple loans, borrowers, and the phases of the loan application process in Encompass.
- Step 2: Field Mapping. Once we understood the flow of the loan process, we focused on mapping the data points necessary to personalize communications - identifying which object those fields should be mapped to. This mapping accounted for different types of borrowers and loan day to closing a loan.
- Step 3: Field Configuration. In HubSpot and Encompass, fields, workflows, and process changes had to be configured to support the data integration. With both systems ready, we moved into the next step. Throughout this step, we partnered with the Quaint Oak Bank engineering team to prepare Encompass for data integration.
- Step 4: Application Development. Our partners at Integrate IQ ran the API work. With a clear vision of which endpoints needed to map and destination fields in place in HubSpot, they architected the integration via API, writing rules for object sync per the specifications we finalized together.
- Contact information mapped to Contacts in HubSpot
- Loan information mapped to Deals in HubSpot
- Step 5: Validation and Testing. We collaborated with the Quaint Oak Bank team to ensure that data in Encompass was accurately reflected in HubSpot. As we progressed, we validated that HubSpot accurately matched the current status across the loan and borrowers.
NEXT STEPS Connected loan data driving results.
With data connected between Encompass and HubSpot, the team at Quaint Oak Bank is ready to fully leverage the Marketing and Sale's Hubs to reach borrowers at critical points in their loan application journey.
They're also ready for another phase of integration and onboarding on the horizon. Our next project will be to replicate the integration process with their quote software, EZLynx.
Our plan is to develop a one-directional sync from EZLynx to HubSpot, for a real-time sync for loan and contact information. This additional visibility for Loan Officers will give them everything they need to do there job, in one convenient place.
HubSpot Service Hub is also on the menu, as QAB would like to bring in their success team and leverage service tickets to ensure their customers are served quickly, effectively, and customer satisfaction grows.